District Manager - Hospitality - Long Term Care
Compass Group Canada is the country's leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors' residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it's right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy-we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us and become our next District Manager.
The District Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality Support Service operations, including financial performance, excellence in customer service and maintaining an engaged employee workforce. We offer high-quality retirement living and are considered to be some of the finest retirement residences in very beautiful settings. This position will report to the Regional Director and oversee several Unit Managers.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our District Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Be responsible for all aspects of support services and operations including: budgeting, financial management and weekly analysis in addition to maintaining both client and Compass standards to assure a safe environment for all residences and employees.
- Assure quality control procedures are monitored, maintained, and established operating practices are strictly followed.
- Ensure seamless operations of various day to day services are consistently run in an exemplary fashion.
Think you have what it takes to be the District Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Minimum eight years of management experience and directing a team in a related field.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Hospitality and/or Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- You are in good standing in all required qualifications as stipulated by the client and Compass Group Canada.
- Prior experience in dining, housekeeping and laundry management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers.
- Strong problem solving, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities.
- Positive, energetic personality.
- Solid experience in fiscal management.
- Stay current with the latest innovative trends in food services.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to travel between sites on demand, including 10 to 15% overnight travel.