At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us-the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We're growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Why work with Compass Group Canada? We are the leading foodservice and support services company. We serve millions of customers each year and generate nearly $2 billion in revenue. We are proud to be a team of 500,000 associates worldwide. Come find your next opportunity here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our District Accountants, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Responsible for preparing cost plus billing, analysis, month end accrual and reconciliation.
- Provide accounting and financial analysis support to sector controller and operation units.
- P&L review for month end close.
- Ensure unit managers understand and fulfill the financial terms and obligations of client contracts and follow generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage financial queries both from operations and management.
- Provide professional, timely and accurate financial information to clients, Operations Management and Senior Management as required.
- Provide back-up support to Accounts Receivable solely for vacation coverage.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
- Prepare balance sheet analysis.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our District Accountants? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- College diploma in Accounting or equivalent with a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Three years' experience in a computerized accounting environment (JD Edwards experience preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, team player capable of contributing to a very busy accounting department.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and can quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment with strict deadlines.