Cooks - Full time & Part time- Scarborough
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
We are currently hiring for full time and part time Cooks for our long term care facility- Presentation Manor in Scarborough
Expected Wage: $18.00
Shifts: 6 -2pm/ 10am-6pm /12-8pm /4-8pm (open availability for weekends)
Hours: Part time (20 hours bi-weekly) Full time (upto 35 hours weekly)
- Prepare equipment for breakfast (stoves on, steam-tables, ovens on, fill dish machine)
- Preparing Lunch or evening Snacks for residents
- Check daily production sheets/diet census/composites and gather items from storeroom according to daily menu
- Mince and Puree Food for Residents
- Occasional Catering for special functions
- Completes Audits eg: Food temperatures, Storage Temperatures
- Pulls out food from Freezer to thaw
- Checks and Puts away Groceries
- Controls inventory
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen and storage areas
- Cleans Cooking equipment as needed
- Wash own Pots and Pan used during food cooking and preparation
- Response to inquiries from staff, residents and families
- Supervises Dietary Staff in the absence of the Manager
- Chef training or culinary management diploma or certificate required
- Experience in Long Term Care is an asset.
- Able to clear Police Check, TB Test & proof of immunization.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !