Cook Full-time position - Kelowna
We are Canada's leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Marquise Hospitality, is currently hiring for Full-time Cook for it's Village Smith Creek facility in Kelowna, BC.
Marquise Hospitality , a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Address: 1450 Sutherland Ave, Kelowna BC
Compensation: $16-$18 per hour to start + Benefits ( after probation period)
Hours: 37 .5 hours
Various Shifts : 9:45-5:45, 8:00-4:30, 9:00-5:30 (Working days and times vary)
- Prepare all components of the meal, following the recipes (menu provided).
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing, meals are served on time.
- Plate meals and serve food to Residents.
- Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
- Sanitize, clean all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule and restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times, perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- MUST have Food Safe 1 and 2 Certificates.
- Previous 2-3 years of cooking experience, preferably in in the healthcare environment.
- Cook certification/papers is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of therapeutic and texture modified diets is an asset
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents/patients, and other employees.
- Able to read and write in English.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring .
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive pay
- Guarantee of Stable Employment
- Full Training and Development courses
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Benefits Programs
- Employee Rewards program
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
If you're an individual who lives the promise of "warm and caring experience that starts with ME" then we want YOU!
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.