Cook (Permanent Part Time) - Aberdeen Hospital - Victoria
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Permanent Part Time Cook at the Aberdeen Hospital in Victoria , BC . Available shifts are: 6AM- 2PM Fridays and Saturdays, and 9:30am-5:30pm Sundays and Mondays (4 days/week). Additional shifts may be offered based on operational requirements.
- Start Date: Immediate, however will remain open until filled
- Competitive Pay is offered!
To prepare meals for residents/patients and to ensure overall quality and presentation of the food
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare of all components of the meal
- Follow the recipes/menu provided
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing
- Ensure meals are served on time
- Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used
- Serve food to residents/patients
- Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents/patients
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information
- Complete required HACCP logs
- Assist with scheduling and staff replacement
- Plan special event menus
- Maintain safe work environment at all times
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines
- Other reasonable requests from management
- Previous 1 to 2 years of cooking experience, preferably in the Long Term Care/Healthcare environment
- Cook certification/papers is considered an asset
- Previous food preparation experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate with mangers, residents/patients, and other employees
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check & TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !