Cook- Casual - Sherwood Court ,Maple
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise is a member of Compass Group Canada, the country's leading foodservice and support Services Company. Marquise specializes in providing integrated facilities management and customer services to shopping centers, airports, office towers, large commercial buildings, and colleges as well as food and support services to healthcare and senior living facilities. Marquise's footprint in the market has expanded to provide services which encompass over 35 million square feet under Marquise's direct control in over 200 sites across Western Canada. Our mission is to provide service excellence to our clients and their customers.
We are currently hiring for Casual Cook position for our division Sherwood Court Long Term Care Centre in Maple,Vaughan.
Pay Rate: $18.40/hr
Shift: Open availability
- Prepare equipment for breakfast (stoves on, steam-tables, ovens on, fill dish machine)
- Check daily production sheets/diet census/composites and gather items from storeroom according to daily menu
- Mince and Puree Food for Residents
- Occasional Catering for special functions
- Completes Audits eg: Food temperatures, Storage Temperatures
- Pulls out food from Freezer to thaw
- Checks and Puts away Groceries
- Controls inventory
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen and storage areas
- Cleans Cooking equipment as needed
- Wash own Pots and Pan used during food cooking and preparation
- Response to inquiries from staff, residents and families
- Supervises Dietary Staff in the absence of the Manager
- Diploma in Culinary or Chef Training, Food Service Worker Certificate and Food Handler Certificate mandatory
- Previous food preparation experience
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check, TB test and have Hepatitis A/B vaccinations.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !