Cook / University of Toronto UTM
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Lead Cook, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
To prepare meals for residents and to ensure overall quality and presentation of the food:
- Prepare of all components of the meal.
- Follow the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing.
- Ensure meals are served on time.
- Sanitize all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Serve food to residents/patients.
- Wash and store pots and pans.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Beware of any (and follow) restricted dietary needs of residents/patients.
- Re-stock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assist with scheduling and staff replacement.
- Plan special event menus.
- Maintain safe work environment at all times.
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an Asset
- Cook certification/papers
- Previous food preparation experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Food Safe 1 and 2 Certificates
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate with managers, residents/patients, and other employees
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check, TB test and have Hepatitis A/B vaccinations.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group !
Job Type: Full Time Hourly
Full Dental and Health Benefits after 6 months of countinous service
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com !