Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job. Become our next Chef Manager.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Chef Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Participate in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, and development.
- Help with all catering/conference events on site.
- Assist in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction.
- Be responsible for directly managing associates.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Chef Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Four years of culinary experience and strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Sound knowledge of financial management including the ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- Catering and banquet experience.
- Hard-working, hands-on team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and feel comfortable learning new programs.
- The ability to work independently.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have Red Seal culinary certification and bilingual in both oral and written exchanges: French and English.
- Bilinqual Required
- Culinary training
- Food preparation