Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Chefs, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Direct and supervise all aspects of food production and services.
- Be accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building.
- Take responsibility for daily operations, such as preparation, cooking, presentation and administration of feeding students and staff.
- Oversee all food, labour, and overhead costs.
- Be responsible for occasional catering events.
- Perform administrative duties that include completion of weekly purchase summaries, scheduling associates for events, inventory controls, and daily production meetings and records.
- Ensure strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
Think you have what it takes to be our Chef? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education in culinary or related studies.
- Three years of kitchen management experience, preferably in a University or College environment.
- Creative ability to apply trendy food items and presentations to operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, paying attention to accuracy and detail.
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including weekends).
- Capable of performing administrative duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Red Seal Certificate and experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) preferred.
- French Only
- Culinary training
- Food preparation