Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support services company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
The Assistant Manager works with the Manager and the team to successfully manage residential dining operations. This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing the unit.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Help the Manager oversee the residential dining operations.
- Develop and monitor a meal and break schedule for the staff that does not interfere with customer service.
- Train, develop and lead a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Monitor and organize catering orders with weekly invoicing.
- Perform administrative duties, including: cash register readings, orbit, inventory, banking, ordering and the administration of the "Be a Star Program."
- Be accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
Think you have what it takes to be our Assistant Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Solid supervisory experience.
- Mental ability to provide excellent judgment for problem-solving and strong arithmetic skills.
- A passion for Customer Service excellence.
- Detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service.
- Strong supervisory skills and the proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends).