Volunteer Content Writer
Short-term, Project Based Volunteer
Role and Description/Purpose
Community Volunteer Connections (CVC) has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our team, as a Content Writer. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will work with our Board of Directors and other colleagues at CVC. The Content Writer is responsible for producing and editing high-quality content pieces that appeal to the needs of diverse audiences. An ideal candidate would be someone that has superb writing and creative skills and is very passionate about building strong communities through volunteerism.
• Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events.
• Employ various writing styles, tailoring language and structure to craft a variety of content, from articles and blog posts to landing pages, email campaigns, presentations, speeches, and newsletters.
• Keep up to date with news and events happening that may impact CVC and/or the communities in which we serve.
• Monitor engagement with CVC materials and accept feedback from the Executive Director or Board of Directors, to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to capture and communicate powerful messages in line with programs offered by CVC.
• Ensure all content produced compiles with CVC communication guidelines around style, fonts, images, and tone while still being of an exceptional quality.
• Other related duties may be added, as required. Qualifications (Experiences, Skills, Qualities/Attitudes):
• The ability to adapt your writing and editing to the needs of diverse audiences and content types
• Superior English writing and editing skills
• A basic understanding of graphic design and the interplay between textual and visual elements
• The ability to work within timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
• The ability to build positive relationships with others and take direction and feedback
• A superior eye for detail, confidence in proofreading materials for accuracy and consistency
• Collaborative attitude and cross-functional communication skills
• Education or professional experience in the fields of English, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field is advantageous, but is not necessary
Time Commitment: Minimum of 1 hour per week – may fluctuate based on the needs of the organization.
What You Can Expect to Receive: Developed through a process of collaboration and co-creation, you can expect a customized volunteer experience that focuses on making your CVC volunteer experience meaningful to you. This includes, but is not limited to, ongoing and continuous support from the Board of Directors and Executive Director and the inclusion of tailored experiential learning opportunities to help you develop new skills or refine old ones.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and résumé to email@example.com. Applicants are also encouraged to share up to 3 examples of their work or portfolio, as it enables us to more easily get to know you and your work. All submissions will be reviewed, and successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. For more information about the role, please contact Filio Kondylis at firstname.lastname@example.org