Transitional Support Facilitator
The Transitional Support Facilitator (Social Worker) is responsible for providing support to individuals with a developmental disability or dual diagnosis and their families in crisis through Peel Crisis Capacity Network (PCCN) and Community Living Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Coordinator, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws. Each position is an 18 month contract.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to calls, determine eligibility for the Peel Crisis Capacity Network.
- Provide crisis counselling supports to individuals/families contacting the crisis line.
- Facilitate referrals and to provide consultations to other organizations for individuals deemed ineligible for the Network.
- Conduct bio-psychosocial assessment with all individuals referred to the Network who meet primary eligibility requirements in a timely manner.
- Develop, coordinate and supervise the crisis service response provided by the Network for individuals.
- Develop, negotiate and process service contracts amongst individuals, family members and service providers in relation to Network supports.
- Provide consultation and clinical support to individuals, families, service providers/Network partners as required to facilitate crisis resolution.
- Develop and present clinical recommendations to individuals, families and service providers regarding on-going support needs.
- Organize and lead case conference for individuals, families and agencies regarding individuals accepted into the Network.
- Provide access to and approval of the use of PCCN flexible funds for services to be provided to individuals, and supervise services accessed by using such funds.
- Participate in appropriate Lead Agency, Network Partner and Advisory Committee meetings in relation to PCCN service delivery.
- Expand, enhance and problem-solve both the PCCN Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and, where appropriate, other service agreements based upon the needs identified by the Network Partners and the community in consultation with the Coordinator.
- Maintain competing demands such as individual crises, service provider requests, data entry and recording schedules.
- Complete and maintain professional documentation including assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information.
- Demonstrates effective use of technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work.
- Registered member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Minimum 5 years counseling experience in developmental disability services or children’s mental health services or adult mental health services.
- Strong assessment skills and the ability to frame interventions within a family systems perspective.
- Comprehensive knowledge of developmental services and community mental health networks.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively at an individual, program and systems level.
- Ability to maintain competing demands such as individual crisis, service provider requests, data entry and recording schedules.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Highly proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Flexibility, some evening work is required.
- Vulnerable Persons Criminal Reference check required.
- Current valid First Aid/CPR certificate required
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver's License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance.
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2018 4:00pm.