Developmental Support Worker - Employment Resource Centre
DEVELOPMENTAL SUPPORT WORKER - EMPLOYMENT RESOURCE CENTER
Community Living Mississauga provides individualized day support opportunities for individuals who have an intellectual disability in Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Manager/Supervisor, this position is responsible for the individualized support of individuals as directed in their personal support plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners to promote the Employment Resource Centre (ERC) programs, identify workforce needs and coordinate with the ERC team to address those needs.
- Match individuals with employment and volunteer opportunities within the community.
- Provide on the job supports tailored to the individual’s strengths, support requirements and work placement.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the individuals supported.
- Provide direct and indirect support to individuals as required by personal support plans.
- Support individuals to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes in relation to employment/volunteering.
- Encourage self-expression of individuals supported and remains knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
- Complete all required electronic documentation accurately and within set time frames.
- Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI).
- Developmental Services Worker diploma or equivalent
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Valid First Aid with CPR certificate
- Enrolled and actively pursuing Social Services Worker diploma, Child and Youth Care diploma, or a university degree in a related discipline; and experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability; OR
- Successful completion of a university degree in an unrelated discipline and a minimum one year’s experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability
- Fluent in French
We provide competitive compensation, robust training programs and opportunities for career development.
To Apply please visit: http://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.