Chief Human Resources Officer
Communitas Supportive Care Society is a faith-based, registered charity providing care in communities across British Columbia to those living with disabilities. As a part of our mission, we provide services ranging from 24-hour residential care to skills-based day programs to respite care for families. At Communitas, we support and empower people of all abilities, from all walks of life, regardless of faith, social standing, race or ethnicity.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) works as a member of the executive team to provide oversight to all Human Resources functions related to the organization. The CHRO is responsible for leading the HR team, and upholding the Communitas Vision, Mission and Values, as well as all HR Policy. This position works directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a five-member executive team.
• Degree in HR or related field (Master’s Level preferred), or The Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation
• 5 plus years of senior HR experience; demonstrated ability to serve on an executive level team
• Excellent mediation and conflict management skills; Restorative Practices experience an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated Emotional Intelligence; excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff and teams
• Teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• A philosophy of service that is in line with Communitas’ Vision, Mission and Values
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
• Hours may involve long workdays and/or evening/weekend work
SALARY $83,120 – $87,448 per year
HOURS Full Time - 40 hours per week
CLOSING DATE November 12, 2018
START DATE January 15, 2019
POSTING # 3330
For a full job description and to apply, please visit CommunitasCare.com/Careers. In addition to completing an application, resumes may be sent to Leslie Friesen, HR Recruitment Coordinator, Email: hr@CommunitasCare.com.