Job Coaches: Coffee Shed 3 and Lemon & Allspice Cookery
Common Ground Co-operative is a charitable service organization that supports adults who have developmental and intellectual disabilities in Toronto. Our programs provide people with the opportunity to learn and build their job skills while experiencing self-employment as partners (not-employees) in social enterprises that provide hospitality services to the community. We also offer a range of career building and skill enhancement programs and workshops that help people learn or build on their existing skills.
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a full-time Job Coach (10 Mo. Contract). If you have blended experiences in food services & hospitality (catering/restaurant/coffee house), baking/pastry arts, teaching, social work and an entrepreneurial spirit, then this may be the role you’ve been looking for.
Please take some time to find out more about what we do before you apply for this role.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR JOB COACH: COFFEE SHED 3 VACANCY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Opportunity: Job Coach, Lemon & Allspice: 10 Month F/T Contract Start: January 2019
In this role you will be required to provide a consistent, high-level support to individuals in food-service based social enterprises and other related programs as needed or required. Supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in a fast-paced, industrial, wholesale kitchen & bakery
- Experience working with persons who have disabilities
- Food services and hospitality experience (restaurant/café/coffee shop/bakery/catering)
- Demonstrates tolerance and patience in all types of situations
- Assists, provides support and helps individuals with the day to day operations of a wholesale bakery and catering company.
- Menu development/costing/marketing knowledge
- Flexible with work schedule, including occasional weekends and evenings.
- This job requires long hours of standing, physical stamina and light to heavy lifting.
A typical day in this role involves helping to prepare food orders, organizing deliveries, assigning tasks and training, ordering or counting inventory, providing customer service, helping someone improve their fine motor skills, dealing with a complex or challenging situation, assessing skills and helping people document their path toward achieving annual goals, helping the agency fundraise and more. This can be a fast paced environment that presents you with various challenges. No two days are the same. This is the perfect role for someone who would like to combine their food service/hospitatlity expereince with social work/social enterprise.
- Excellent benefit package upon completion of successful 3 month probation and evaluation (paid by employer)
- Position: F/T Parental Leave Contract (10 Mo.)
- Start: January 2019
- Hours: 35 Weekly
- Compensation: Hourly
- College Diploma (DSW or related) or 5 years of experience in the food-services sector (café/restaurant/coffee shop) or both combined.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and open to working with a variety of people
- Skilled at managing competing priorities concurrently with various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, with a fast-paced working style.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (MS Office, QuickBooks, Apple iWork’s)
- Valid Food Handlers Certification (Toronto Public Health)
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- French speaking, reading and writing.
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ License and a registered vehicle
- Creative and artistic
- Sense of humor
Applications for the Job Coach: Lemon & Allspice Cookery should be emailed to email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
Only those individuals who best meet the qualities we are looking for will be contacted for an interview.
Common Ground Co-operative embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.