Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical and programming skills to this Specialist, Systems position. In this exciting 7-month contract opportunity within the Data Dissemination Group, Housing Markets and Indicators division you will lead and provide the delivery of services and products to corporate clients, through effective systems analysis and design, modeling, programming, process automation and data manipulation. As a Specialist you will also provide a broad range of research and analytical services during both the early exploratory phases of projects and frequently as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Leading the analysis requirements and the creation of products/systems, involving consultation with clients and analysis techniques, to ensure that all required aspect of the identified products/ systems are developed.
- Leading the delivery of programming solutions by developing end-user systems.
- Advising and servicing the housing markets and indicators function by providing and conducting complete range of consulting and information systems functions.
- Providing specialized technical advice to internal and external users and programmers
- Leading the performance of quantitative analysis and modeling for housing research, policy issues and specific task forces.
- Providing project planning, management and measurement skills and techniques to teams, and applying this to several priority projects related to housing data initiatives.
- Providing technical consultation in the areas of data and analytics to analysts responsible for administering research projects.
- Leading the performance of analysis and research when working on tasks for the client, developing new products or re-engineering databases.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University level education, in Computer Science or other related with a minimum five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Master`s degree would be an asset.
- The position is English Essential, but French proficiency will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of structured analysis, design and programming techniques.
- Detailed experience with Information Systems techniques, practices and software is essential.
- Knowledge of SAS is considered an asset.
- Work or personal experience with Python is essential.
- Knowledge of R and other programming languages would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships, for the purpose of information exchange, with internal and external clients.
- Experience in providing specialized technical advice and recommendations with request to Information Systems.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy).
- Collaborative and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Accountability and ability to take initiative in completing multiple concurrent projects/ tasks.
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on October 8, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
Candidates are encouraged to include a link to any online portfolio or GitHub page within their application documents.
Note: to assess problem solving and technical abilities, a technical test will be administered to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities