CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your communication skills and your data entry expertise to this position in Vancouver and gain experience in the Market Analysis Centre.
As a member of the Market Analysis team, you will be responsible for providing a range of support to the market analysis survey function. This is a part-time position equivalent to 4 days a week for a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension.
This position is an exceptional opportunity for a detailed oriented individual to expand his or her career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Entering accurate housing data to meet monthly deadlines in MAC's Information Systems.
- Preparing work for contract enumerators conducting MAC'S Surveys, including printing survey cards for each municipal area and ensuring work is separated and delivered to each enumerator
- Conducting follow-ups with municipalities to ensure that building permits are received within set deadlines, as well as verifying and entering building permits data into MAC's Information Systems.
- Assisting in the verification of survey data entered into MAC's Information Systems, using a variety of reports or referencing diverse information sources and databases.
- Collecting and recording detailed information (including sales) from builders and real estate agents related to market absorption into MAC's Information Systems.
- Updates portfolios of property management firms and acquires rent roll information.
- Proactively researching and identifying residential development projects throughout various information sources (eg, media, web, etc.)
- Reviews existing processes and proposes improvements and more efficient methods.
- Confirming information collected on rental market survey cards, selected randomly, through phone calls.
- Compiling information in response to requests from CMHC's Market Analysts, other CMHC staff, and the public, as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Secondary School Diploma with experience in providing clerical and administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and collection.
- Knowledge of concepts and procedures involved in data entry and collection.
- Knowledge of the geographical composition of British-Columbia.
- Ability to organize and enter high volume of data accurately and efficiently (at least 50 wpm; 9500 kph would be an asset)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated mainframe and microcomputer skills; intermediate Excel skills, as well as basic programming, e.g. SAS and systems development skills an asset
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Teamwork/ Maximizing Quality
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 31, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Salary and vacation will be prorated according to the part-time schedule.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance