Summer Student - Human Resources Management Systems
Interested in gaining valuable work experience and starting your rewarding career?
Join Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
CMHC hires students and recent graduates to work in a variety of disciplines. For this 4 month position, you will have the ability to apply your knowledge in a fast paced environment and acquire useful knowledge on HR processes and CMHC policies.
As part of our commitment to create an inclusive workforce which reflects our society, we actively recruit people from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- 3rd or 4th year student studying in Human Resources or Human Resources Management
- Previous experience in a fast pace environment and in HR or a similar business line
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Flexibility and maximizing quality
The Corporation's core competencies
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive salary
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on April 15, 2016.
Register your profile in our student/recent graduate candidate registry for a chance to use your skills and join our team made up of talented and highly knowledgeable employees to make a real difference in the lives of millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We encourage you to sign-up for job alerts to receive notices when opportunities for regular or contract employment are posted in your areas of interest so you can apply directly to the competitions.
- To be eligible, you must be legally eligible to work in Canada and meet the government required security requirements.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered for these student positions.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) has earned a number of awards recognizing the excellence of our management practices, our contributions to government and industry and our corporate citizenship. Here is a selection of our most recent achievements:
- one of Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2015
- one of the National Capital Region's Top 25 Employers since 2009
As Canada’s trusted source of comprehensive housing information, expertise, housing finance and affordable housing solutions, CMHC has been Canada’s national housing agency since 1946. CMHC’s mission is to promote housing quality, affordability and choice for all Canadians. Our mandate involves the entire scope of housing – from promoting and contributing to the stability of the financial system to providing direct housing assistance.
As a federal Crown corporation and a major financial institution, CMHC offers a range of career possibilities in a stimulating work environment where people are inspired and encouraged to make a difference. If you want to work alongside other dedicated and respected professionals to make a real difference, make CMHC your career choice.
A chance to make a difference. The opportunity to achieve your goals.