Sector: Audit and Evaluation
Language Designation: English/French Optional
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): English or French Essential
Salary Range: $14.43 to $23.78
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
We are currently hiring one full-time student for a 4-month contract within the Evaluation division of CMHC. If you are a strong critical thinker, enjoy a team environment, and are looking for a professional challenge, we invite you to apply to this position.
Evaluation supports the Corporation through the provision of evidence-based information pertaining to the ongoing relevance and effectiveness of initiatives, policies and programs for the purposes of learning or decision-making.
As a valued student member of the Evaluation Team, you will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the corporation, as well as our audit and evaluation practices. Additionally, this summer position will enable the successful candidates to obtain valuable insights into the challenges and rewards of developing and implementing various projects.
Join the Audit & Evaluation team and gain:
- Experience with a modern Evaluation function in a Crown Corporation.
- Working knowledge of public sector operations.
- Awareness of national industry standards.
How you will be contributing:
- Conducting research in support of evaluations and/or other projects.
- Assisting with building relationships with federal, provincial/territorial and international evaluation organizations
- Drafting, formatting and editing reports, and presentations.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and remain motivated in a self-managed environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism (French-English) at an intermediate level (reading, writing and speaking) will be considered an asset
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.