Specialist, Training (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your learning and organizational development skills and capacity building expertise will support the development of engaging learning experiences that meet the needs of our organization's learners and supports CMHC's strategic objectives. Your ability to identify the need, define the gap and solve the problem in a learner-centric approach to instructional design will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- In depth knowledge of and related work experience in learning, training, instructional design, e-learning, technology-enabled design and learning methods, talent management and organizational development programs such as succession
- University degree in adult education, learning and development, instructional design, instructional technology and/or a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience working in the adult education field, organizational development or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience will also be considered
- Certification in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, or related field, CTDP or CTP (Institute for Performance and Learning) will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing a number of ongoing and competing tasks/priorities
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to analyse issues and make recommendations to management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate succinctly across a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated experience in planning, designing and implementing training
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of resources and tools such as reference guides, training materials and strategies for information transfer
- Demonstrated experience in reporting, monitoring and evaluating the outcome of information transfer activities -
- Knowledge of industry best practices and technologies for learning and client engagement
- Experience managing contracts with training and learning suppliers is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of e-learning tools, such as Articulate 360 Suite
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS)
- Strong ability to influence, negotiate, and build relationships at all levels
- Ability to be creative and proactive in offering new approaches towards solving business issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
What you will be doing
- Consult, advise, guide and collaborate with CMHC sectors, divisions and teams to:
- assess learning needs;
- design & develop learning solution (off the shelf, vendor development, custom internal and external development);
- implement and evaluate learning.
- Lead, implement, monitor and evaluate ongoing corporate initiatives in support of employee and external partner development:
- Technology & Business Transformation
- CMHC solutions and Programs
- Affordable housing management skills and competencies
- Design and develop communications and marketing in relation to Learning & Development.
- Explore and leverage learning technology to optimize learners' experience.
- Support oversight, maintenance, optimization and administration of the Learning Management System.
Does this sound like you?
Click the "apply now" button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID: 4140
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montréal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional