Specialist, Quantitative Analysis
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your in depth analytical capabilities to this specialist position located primarily in Ottawa but also all over the nation.
This permanent, full time position is an exceptional opportunity to expand your career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Leading the development, implementation, calibration, documentation and maintenance of complex quantitative analyses
- Driving insights discovery through the right combination of quantitative techniques, analytical expertise and using of a variety of technologies while ensuring integrity and accuracy of data
- Employing qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques, including scenario-building and modeling of alternatives, to provide assessments of policy options and expected outcomes
- Developing predictive models and analyzing program, product and/or service performance with a variety of analytical tools.
- Providing data interpretation including relationships and trends analysis
- Developing indicators, scorecards and dashboards from environmental scanning, research and benchmarking exercises.
- Performing analysis and reporting results with consideration for the various risks faced by CMHC (e.g., reputational, financial, operational, etc.).
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, economics, commerce, computer science, engineering or business intelligence.
- A minimum of five (5) years of prior relevant experience
- Expertise in the standard Microsoft suite, SAS and other tools such as open source tools (R, Python) and data visualization (Power BI, Tableau).
- Demonstrated ability to build models required to understand issues at a detail level and forecast impacts of change.
- Sound analytical skills with demonstrated quantitative/qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills to capture and synthesize information and develop recommendations and provide advice.
- Developed communication skills and the ability to make clear and concise presentations for decision making.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST May 18th, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Please note that due to an expansion of CMHC's National Office to the Place d'Orléans shopping centre, this position will be located at 110 Place d'Orléans Drive in Ottawa, Ontario
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities