Specialist, Quality Assurance
Job Requisition ID: 2482
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $73746 to $ 92183
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your risk management, quality assurance and oversight governance skills to this Specialist, Quality Assurance position.
This permanent full-time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Enterprise Risk team, where you will ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, frameworks and authorities to provide management and the Board with confidence in the operations of the business. You will oversee or monitor the successful completion of assigned monitoring, quality assurance, compliance, oversight and/or audit assignments from start to finish, including planning, conduct, reporting and wrap-up activities within established timeframes. You will apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues. You will communicate issues and risks to senior management and the Board to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. You will direct, provide guidance and establish performance measures for team members and/or consultants assigned to the assignment as needed, and supervise and review their work to provide performance feedback and to ensure quality of the work activities performed.
How You Will Be Contributing
Risk Management and Oversight Governance
• Leading and supporting the development validation protocols, policies and guidelines, and develop plans, including, as applicable, objectives, risk assessments, criteria and monitoring/testing approaches/programs for the conduct of the assignment.
• Leading the execution of ongoing monitoring, testing, evaluating and reporting on key processes, controls and policy/program requirements, framework requirements, assessing rigour and consistency in the application of policies, procedures and controls.
• Ensuring appropriate risk awareness, risk and control identification and monitoring by working closely with applicable CMHC personnel (e.g., Legal, Internal Audit and other oversight/monitoring groups).
• Staying informed on corporate objectives, priorities and initiatives across CMHC to adequately identify existing and emerging risks.
• Recommending and assisting in the implementation of key performance and/or risk indicators and/or outcome targets to improve business effectiveness and efficiency.
• Promoting and leveraging appropriate industry frameworks, standards and practices, as applicable, in conducting work activities.
Analysis and Reporting
• Developing and overseeing the processes and practices for the collection, analysis and evaluation of information to achieve assignment objectives and to identify trends, gaps, errors and risk incidents and propose improvements necessary to cover risks.
• Analyzing the level of applied rigour and consistency in the design and operating effectiveness of corporate policies, and control practices and identify possible gaps, deficiencies, inconsistencies and recommendations.
• Reviewing and/or producing documentation of work/analyses performed and findings.
• Discussing/validating findings and facts with CMHC personnel and appropriate level of management throughout the assignment, and prepare written communications on results and recommendations for improvement, and participate in debriefings with management.
• Analyzing data sets and information to provide management with quantitative and qualitative information for decision making.
Guidance and Advice
• Providing guidance on risk and control matters, including remediation actions to address issues and make recommendations for improvements to management.
• Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for improvement where CMHC is at risk and recommend actions to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Providing guidance and/or direction to analysts and staff regarding quality control and risk management improvements to enhance business operations.
What We Are Looking For
• A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Economics or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Professional designation in a related field would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in risk management, quality assurance and oversight governance
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Sound judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, and political sensitivity).
• Superior oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints; attention to detail.
• Ability to apply judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues.
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 20, 2019, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities