We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
The successful candidates will lead the delivery of a number of key Data Division project, solutions, and/or applications and will provide hands-on project management during discovery, design, development, testing, implementation and post implementation phases. In this role, you will utilize a combination of technical abilities and project management skills to guide interdisciplinary teams through priorities and decision-making as it relates to key initiatives. You will also lead certain operational initiatives and provide strategic guidance for the continuous improvement of operational aspects of the division.
What you will need
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as geography/geomatics, statistics/surveys, computer science, business administration or commerce and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation and/or Property Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Graduate level education in any of the above disciplines would be considered an asset
- Strong project management skills acquired through the management of large- to medium-sized projects
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience with increasing responsibilities
- An equivalent combination of the above-mentioned education and experience will be considered
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (tact, judgment and diplomacy)
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Ability to work with a variety of internal/external clients
- Ability to conceptualize and anticipate future events in order to assist in planning business objectives and strategic direction
What you will be doing
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams and manage the simultaneous delivery of several projects, establish priorities, ensure products / services are developed efficiently, and resources are used effectively
- Act as Project Manager for an number of initiatives and work with CMHC’s Corporate Strategy and Development team to effectively manage all phases of project work from planning, testing, execution, monitoring and closing
- Develop and document functional business requirements, analysis tools and solutions, including enhancements, changes or fixes to business systems in collaboration with IT business partners, clients, staff and senior management
- Produce documentation to support IT demand requests and accurately estimate project timelines and scope
- Provide guidance to your immediate work team in the maintenance and update of operational process/procedural documentation
- Producing analytical results in formats relevant for the clients including visual and quantitative outputs, such as maps, tables, graphics and narrative
- Provide guidance to the continuous improvement operational activities for the sector
- Provide support, as directed, during external and internal business audits
- Contribute to strategy, operational and business decisions when requested
Posting closing date: June 19 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3510
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Any other location in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.