Specialist, Operational Policy Analysis
- Sector: Client Solutions
- Language Designation: Bilingual
- Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBC
- Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
- Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Policy team in our Risk Mgmt, Strategy & Products - Ho., Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector helps to fosters collaboration between Client Solutions and Client Operations and encourages a client-centric mindset.
We are looking to fill two permanent positions available in different language designations: Bilingual BBC & Bilingual CCC.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide research, conceptualization and development of information. As well as providing analysis and recommendations. You will lead or act as a member of a multi-disciplinary team; lead the
conceptualization, development and implementation of new and/or existing policies, products, services and/or systems. You will help ensure that client needs are met throughout the process and this will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in social science or related discipline, or in business administration
• Minimum of five years of prior related experience.
• Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills to develop policy options and assess expected outcomes.
• Demonstrated analytical, creative and conceptual skills to effectively contribute to business objectives and strategic direction.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate and defend messages and positions.
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects and leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Knowledge of mortgage and housing markets.
• Ability to negotiate and influence change.
• Master's degree from a recognized university or a professional designation.
What you will be doing
Research and Analysis
• Leverage complex analytics and provide leadership and substantive analytical support on specific issues and ad hoc projects by modelling and undertaking complex and non-routine analysis.
• Obtain input from internal and external stakeholders and clients on issues and opportunities related to policies, products, services and/or systems.
• Conduct research and continuously scan the internal and external environment to identify strategic linkages and anticipate emerging policy issues, innovative products and methods, and assess the applicability to CMHC, government and/or industry in a leadership capacity.
• Lead or contribute to the development of strategies, policies, work plans and risk management for the sector and for other sectors within CMHC as appropriate.
• Provide expert and comprehensive advice, guidance and recommendations to senior management on the development of innovative policies, products, services and/or systems including responding to priority issues.
• Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations and briefing materials for senior management and in support of internal and external communications.
• Communicate complex information and interact with management. Train and coach/mentor analysts.
• Provide and contribute to knowledge research and innovation in business areas that integrate CMHC’s strategic policy direction.
Consultation and Relationship-Building
• Represent CMHC and, where required, organize or lead meetings, committees, task force / working groups and consultative bodies to communicate corporate priorities and policy positions and to obtain input into, and negotiate, specific CMHC proposals.
• Identify opportunities and maintain relationships by engaging in consultations with internal and external stakeholders, government and private sector, academics and other related experts.
• Act as a liaison that clients and stakeholders may rely on to field questions that require innovative responses and solutions related to relevant business area.
• Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: January 22, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
- Job Requisition ID: 4302
- Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Other Location(s): Anywhere in Canada
- Security Requirement: Reliability Status
- Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Learn more below about CMHC and how we help Canadians meet their housing needs.