Specialist, Operational Policy Analysis
Job Requisition ID: 904
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): All over Canada
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $73746 to $ 92183
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and detail-oriented individual to achieve his her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system . Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Ensuring the administration of housing programs are in compliance and consistent with the intent of prescribed policies and procedures.
- Maintaining strong functional knowledge of all CMHC First Nation Housing programs, including Section 95, the suite of Renovation Programs, Housing Internship Initiative for First Nations and Inuit Youth (HIIFNIY), and skills development.
- Working closely with the First Nation Housing Team and maintaining strong knowledge of First Nations Plans to Improve Operations and program needs.
- Analyzing, processing and assessing delivery applications, including identifying areas of improvement when applicable.
- Leverage complex analytics and provide leadership and substantive analytical support on specific issues and ad hoc projects by modelling and undertaking complex and non-routine analysis.
- Obtain input from internal and external stakeholders and clients on issues and opportunities related to policies, products, services and/or systems.
- Lead or contribute to the development of strategies, policies, work plans and risk management for the sector and for other sectors within CMHC as appropriate.
- Provide expert and comprehensive advice, guidance and recommendations to senior management on the development of innovative policies, products, services and/or systems including responding to priority issues.
- Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations and briefing materials for senior management and in support of internal and external communications.
- Communicate complex information and interact with management. Train and coach/mentor analysts.
- Provide and contribute to knowledge research and innovation in business areas that integrate CMHC's
- Represent CMHC and, where required, organize or lead meetings, committees, task force / working groups and consultative bodies to communicate corporate priorities and policy positions and to obtain input into, and negotiate, specific CMHC proposals.
- Identify opportunities and maintain relationships by engaging in consultations with internal and external stakeholders, government and private sector, academics and other related experts.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in business administration), and at least three(3) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing within a program and/or policy context.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and property management assessments
- Knowledge of CMHC First Nation housing programs including Section 95, , renovation programs, and other short-term initiatives wold be an asset.
- Knowledge of on-reserve housing issues and the social, economic and political trends that affect the affordability and quality of on-reserve housing stock.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and data and share findings in a clear manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of First Nations' cultural, political and historical background is an asset.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes and database management applications is an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking /Communication/Efficiency/ Flexibility / Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on July 27th 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities