Specialist, Modelling (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Join the Client Solutions Sector, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. In this role you will apply quantitative skills and knowledge of Canada's financial /mortgage sectors to modelling initiatives at CMHC, including model development, model validation and the interpretation of model results with the ultimate purposes of informing decision making, enhancing risk management and building automated systems.
- Applies modelling/validation expertise and business knowledge to analyze current Business issues.
- Monitors operating environments to ensure models and analytics properly reflect current market dynamics.
- Develops or validates models to inform business decisions and analysis; models are used for purposes such as underwriting, risk, pricing, stress testing, capital adequacy assessment, business analytics, including financial projections, and automated systems and tools. âÂ€¢ Maintains models throughout their life cycle in accordance with CMHC's model risk policy and industry best practice.
- Supports model development or validation of projects by participating in multidisciplinary teams whose members may include other model internal/external developers or validators and model users.
- Sets up a framework to monitor model performance metrics and the operationalization of model risk.
- Conducts data mining and big data analyses using state-of-the-art methods. Monitors updates and integrity of data and databases.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external partners to ensure the bidirectional knowledge transfer required to develop, validate and implement models using state-of-the-art methods and technology.
- Postgraduate degree or higher in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, mathematics, economics, statistics or actuarial sciences.
- Minimum of three years of experience in modelling or quantitative analytics at a bank, insurance company, asset managing or other type of financial institution.
- Professional designation (Actuarial, Chartered Financial Analyst, Professional Risk Manager, Financial Risk Manager, certificate in Quantitative Finance) is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of mathematical finance and risk management. Knowledge of risk approaches to capital models/regulation and experience in their application.
- Ability to work within a sophisticated technological environment using various modelling and programming tools.Proficiency in analytical tools including SAS EG, R/Python and PowerBI.
- Demonstrated experience in the finance or insurance industry with some actuarial or financial modelling background in pricing and profitability analysis.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous analysis using critical thinking and judgement to resolve complex issues.
Posting closing date : Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
CMHC has implemented vaccination requirements to align with Government of Canada mandatory vaccination measures for the federal public service.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all CMHC employees, regardless of place of work (teleworking, working remotely or working on-site). CMHC's vaccination measures, as updated from time to time, are a term and condition of employment.
CMHC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date, and to attest their vaccination status as part of the onboarding process. If you are the selected candidate, and wish to request an exemption from CMHC's vaccination requirements on valid human rights-based grounds, you must do so at the offer stage as part of the recruitment process.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought - and of people - are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our aspiration .
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 7248
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Minimum Base Salary: 77114.85
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)