Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $ 74,852.60 to $93,565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a key member of the Homeowner Business and Technology Transformation team, your expertise in Business Analysis, Strategic Thinking and/or Systems Analysis will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, finance, computer science or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience with increasing responsibility in research, analysis, business analysis and/or policy development.
- Thorough understanding of the housing industry and CMHC's role in it.
- Knowledge of homeowner insurance or similar business systems, how Crown corporations interact with government and industry partners, how commercial housing activity functions, and what influences the real estate market.
- Expert ability to identify and analyze trends, patterns or connections between issues.
- Advanced ability to draft understandable, clear and consistent documents on topics within the areas of responsibility and to explain the content to a variety of audiences.
- Solid understanding of the business context in which one is operating that informs planning and decision-making.
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-team environment or independently.
What you will be doing
- Assist management in the development of the strategic direction for the sector, including development of an environmental scan, monitoring of emerging trends and issues, and analysis of the impacts of existing and new industry policy, regulations and legislation on CMHC's practices and policies.
- Leading the analysis requirements and the creation of products/systems, involving consultation with clients and analysis techniques, to ensure that all required aspect of the identified products/ systems are developed
- Liaise with stakeholders and staff to collect information in support of regular reporting and updates to management and the Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with multiple stakeholders and external partners and act as a liaison between CMHC and our partners throughout the Homeowner Transformation.
- Conduct research and analysis and prepare briefing notes, management submissions, executive updates, and correspondence to respond to requests and concerns ensuring an accurate and timely corporate position.
- Provide research and analytical services, using computer-based tools and skills, during both the early exploratory phases of projects and frequently as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Providing substantive analytical support on specific issues and ad hoc projects by undertaking complex and non routine analysis, examining current experiences, testing assumptions, gathering, incorporating, manipulating and validating information and data, anticipating possible impacts, researching, defining alternative solutions and formulating recommendations.
- Provide project planning, management and measurement skills and techniques to teams and apply techniques to individual projects.
- Coordinate sector-level initiatives by liaising with various teams across the company to ensure appropriate objectives are set and outcomes are achieved.
- Inform the development of the client experience strategy through field work, research and analysis, liaising with staff, partners, clients and industry experts.
Does this sound like you?
Click the "apply now" button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: May 31, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3496
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): Various Locations Across Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited