Specialist, Committee Coordination
- Sector: People and Strategy
- Language Designation: Bilingual
- Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
- Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
- Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Communications and Marketing Delivery team in our Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector. This sector has the focus, the people and the voice to achieve our aspiration that is to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will collaborate with business lines and sector partners on the development and implementation of employee communications, marketing strategies and plan for the achievement of business line goals and/or corporate priorities. You will ensure the development, implementation, maintenance, and promotion of a wide range of communications materials on CMHC’s employee communications channels. You will monitor employee communications channels, report on outcomes, and provide strategic advice and guidance to management. You will also promote and ensure compliance with CMHC's corporate identity, branding style guide, and ensure consistency in messaging. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of prior experience in employee communications.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing employee communications and marketing strategies, plans and tactics as well as in developing a variety of communications products.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and marketing skills and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences and influence outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of current communications and marketing platforms, channels and methodologies.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects concurrently.
- Experience using storytelling techniques and platforms to share information in an effective manner.
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement employee communications and marketing strategies and plans.
- Ensure all communications address risk awareness and mitigation, and reinforce the implementation of a risk culture.
- Lead the production and maintenance of employee communications and information products, including proactive and reactive messages.
- Provide functional guidance and support on employee communications in response to and in anticipation of opportunities and issues.
- Establish performance metrics and monitoring and reporting mechanisms to capture essential information, monitor results, and generate reports on the usefulness and effectiveness of employee communications and marketing tools and activities. Ensure the implementation of approved recommendations for improvement.
- Provide recommendations to management and/or senior management based on findings.
- Ensure consistency in the delivery of CMHC messaging and brand.
- Support management in the development and implementation of strategic internal communications planning.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with senior officials of CMHC to provide communications advice, coaching and support.
- Provide guidance and advice to other communications professionals.
- Support employee engagement through effective delivery of communications.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
- NOTE: Please include a creative cover letter that highlights your strong writing and communication skills.
- Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
- Job Requisition ID: 4370
- Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Other Location(s): Toronto, Montréal, Québec, Halifax, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon & Vancouver
- Security Requirement: Secret
- Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Learn more below about CMHC and how we help Canadians meet their housing needs.