Specialist, Assisted Housing
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC's aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Client Operations Team, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a member of CMHC's social and affordable agreement management team, you will ensure that CMHC's risk exposure is minimized in support of the development, management and maintenance of the Federal Community Housing Initiative Phase 2 (FCHI-2) through in-depth analysis of files. Your expertise providing quality service to enhance the corporate image and maintain sound business relationships with industry clients and various levels of CMHC will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months.
- Perform in-depth analysis of housing provider documentation, funding requests, housing project improvement plans, compliance reports and documents related to governance, financial viability and property management to recommend an appropriate funding decision and course of action.
- Coordinate all intake and assessment activities and related policies and procedures relevant to the successful operation of FCHI-2.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with clients, in addition to other relevant stakeholders, to gain a thorough understanding of the operations and environment and facilitate reviews and analysis of documents.
- Analyze and maintain complex information critical to decision-making and to the development of reports related to program outputs and outcomes, identify gaps and take steps to ensure they are rectified.
- Provide expertise and advice on FCHI-2 and related policies, procedures or services, ensuring that recommendations support CMHC's business and values.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration or commerce, with a concentration in accounting, finance or property management.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in real estate, credit risk analysis or financial and property management
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to make informed decisions, and capture and synthesize information.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate messages that can have the desired effect.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMHC housing programs, financial and property management, social and affordable agreement management principles and processes and implications of public policy and political environment on programs.
Posting closing date : Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 6888
Language Designation: French Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Minimum Base Salary: 77114.85
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Montreal (QC)