Senior Officer, Operations
Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
*3 positions available, 1 permanent position ( Bilingual CCC), 2 temporary 12 months positions ( Bilingual CBC and English Essential ZZZ)*
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will oversee administration and decisions relevant to underwriting, servicing and lending activities for the purpose of mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving corporate objectives. With your superior quality service to enhance the corporate image and maintain sound business relationships with industry clients, you will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or commerce.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of procedures, policies and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of market trends and developments in Canada and of industry partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Decision-making skills.
- Strong understanding of serviced client groups in Canada, including related legal documentation.
- Sound knowledge of mortgage financing and real estate laws, default remedy and/or property administration.
What you will be doing
- Offer advice, support and alternative solutions to clients and stakeholders including the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the response to inquiries.
- Negotiate a reasonable solution in line with the risk appetite.
- Provide effective and efficient delivery of services to contribute to service standards.
- Conduct detailed audit analysis involving program/product requirements, including but not limited to applications, financial reviews, existing and new loans and claim/subsidy eligibility.
- Participate in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance by reviewing and preparing detailed reporting on outcomes.
- Maintain quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
- Work in a team environment and contribute to service standards and turnaround times.
- Use effective oral and written communication techniques to deliver quality service.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: August 20, 2019 (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities