Senior Officer, Operations (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Programs team in our Office of the SVP, Client Operations sector. This sector makes housing affordability solutions easy.
About the role
Bring your financing and program delivery experience to this exciting opportunity and help ensure that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. As a member of the Financing Operations team, you will help bring projects approved under the CMHC’s various lending and housing programs through the contract negotiation process to the advancing and disbursement of funds. Your role will help ensure housing projects funded by CMHC are successfully constructed or renovated, while also ensuring that risks to CMHC are appropriately managed.
What you will need
•Bachelor’s degree in administration or social science and at least two (2) years of experience in social program management or lending or any other combination of education and relevant experience.
•Demonstrated client management skills with the ability to negotiate with clients and arrive at acceptable solutions.
•In-depth knowledge of risk factors related to loans and contributions for social or affordable housing projects
• Ability to interpret program guidelines to ensure that maximum flexibility is used in their implementation.
• Strong knowledge of various computer tools and applications, including the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong knowledge of procedures, policies and regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Decision-making skills.
• Sound knowledge of mortgage financing and social housing programs, default remedy and/or property administration.
What you will be doing
• Analyzing the social housing portfolio to identify issues and potential problems and identify emerging trends.
Managing affordable housing program by analyzing financial statements, budgets and other activities related to project viability.
• Working with the various business lines on the sustainability of the portfolio and the creation of new units, including providing advice and functional guidance to the Client Operations team.
• Offer advice, support and alternative solutions to clients and stakeholders, including the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the response to inquiries.
• Negotiate a reasonable solution in line with the risk appetite.
• Participate in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance by reviewing and preparing detailed reporting on outcomes.
• Maintain quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
• Work in a team environment and contribute to service standards and turnaround times.
• Use effective oral and written communication techniques to deliver quality service.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5113
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John's (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.