Senior Officer, Corporate Insurance
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. The incumbent manages and administers CMHC's corporate insurance programs, and provides advice and support to internal clients on a range of matters relating to risk management through insurance coverage to ensure CMHC is protected against risks related to its operational activities. The incumbent will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) and/or Licensed Adjuster would be an asset, Risk Management Certification, Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of one to three years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the commercial insurance industry related to the procurement and marketing of insurance policies and the content and coverage of the policies, and a sound grasp of insurance terminology and concepts.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in risk management concepts related to a wide range of activities and the administration of a general insurance program.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively work with individuals from different sectors within CMHC.
- Analytical thinking skills.
What you will be doing
Advisory Support to Internal Clients
- Reviews and analyzes risk exposures in CMHC’s externally contracted services, and makes recommendations to clients to effectively transfer the risks through an insurance vehicle.
- Evaluates risks and provides guidance and advice to clients with a view to mitigating risk exposures to CMHC.
- Advises clients, vendors, legal and/or risk managers as to acceptable insurance requirements and mitigating actions, while maintaining the risk exposures at an acceptable level to minimize exposure to CMHC.
Corporate Insurance Program Management
- Advises CMHC internal clients regarding insurance coverage, insurance policy interpretation, event and occurrence reporting, risk awareness and risk mitigation measures, claims investigation and payment, underwriting data requirements, and the interpretation and application of insurance policies with respect to CMHC programs and matters.
- Oversees day-to-day management of the corporate insurance program, including management of insurance contract renewals in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures that adequate insurance coverage is obtained and maintained, including through appropriate tracking and reporting.
Insurance Claim Management
- Effectively and efficiently manages insurance claims, including by providing direction and advice to the insurance adjuster and/or internal clients on the assessment of a claim, its management and, where applicable, its settlement.
- Tracks and reports on claim outcomes for internal insurance coverage analysis purposes.
- Develops logical, well-reasoned and cost-effective solutions to problems identified by clients related to the identification and analysis of risk, the interpretation of insurance coverage and potential claims situations.
Posting closing date: August 16, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID: 3795
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Montreal, Toronto
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.