Senior IT Business Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canadaâ??s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your influential and analytical thinking skills to this Senior IT Business Analyst position in Ottawa.
In this exciting full-time permanent opportunity within the Business Relationship & Portfolio Management team you will play an important role in identifying and overseeing the planning and execution of IT system enhancements to meet targeted business needs and several corporate IT initiatives. You will also be contributing to the development and analysis of existing processes for continuous improvement purposes.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates for this permanent position as well as both current and other future permanent and/or contract positions opportunities within the division. We invite both English and Bilingual (English & French) candidates to apply.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Supporting the demand intake process, including requirements gathering.
- Conducting front-end analysis to help define and confirm business needs and scope of work.
- Contributing to the implementation of the demand fulfillment process, including coordinating and tracking the execution of demands with our IT partners, validating IT partner status reports, tracking progress and supporting the resolution of issues.
- Ensuring requirements identified will meet business needs and that prerequisites are met before the execution of work.
- Coordinating and/or developing test cases/plans, coordinating and/or supporting user acceptance testing (UAT), and the documentation of test results.
- Working in collaboration with our IT partners to coordinate the timely development and implementation of corrective action plans to address remedial work (solution gaps/deficiencies, bugs, fixes).
- Providing IT Business Analysis services to support the execution of larger-scale IT projects, including working with the Portfolio Project Manager to define and coordinate the execution of project activities (such as requirements definition and UAT).
- Supporting the development and implementation of processes and templates that align with industry best practices and IT requirements to process demands in a timely manner.
- Providing input into demand management reports and analyses, including trend analysis.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or Commerce with a concentration in IT.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated work experience in executing IT enhancements.
- Demonstrated work experience in using project management skills acquired through the management of small- to medium-sized projects.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated experience and skills in providing strategic and consultative support to business partners (external and internal);
- Demonstrated experience and skills in building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with business lines, internal and external IT stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate multiple work priorities and demands from across multiple business lines within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence and challenge stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management in a multi-tasking, high stress and multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to promote cross functional collaboration and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers, and team members.
- Persistent, determined and resilient, with a very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to partner with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Recognized professional designation such as: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant licence, designation, or certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership with IT third party providers.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Consensus Building/ Relationship Building/ Managing Change and Transition/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on April 8, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Please note that the official internal job title for this position is Senior Analyst, IT Business Services.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- As part of our commitment to create an inclusive workforce which reflects our society, we are recruiting people from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.