Senior Assistant, Market Research
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong organizational, research, and communications skills to this Market Research Assistant position. These two temporary (12-month) full time positions are exceptional opportunities to become a member of the Housing Markets and Indicators team. These positions support housing market research and analysis by facilitating access to data by maintaining databases and their corresponding metadata, interacting with researchers/analysts to determine their data needs, extracting and manipulating data to respond to data requests, and supporting data procurement activities.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and maintaining reliable and efficient automated technical databases on internal and external housing and economic market data.
- Assessing and responding to external and internal client information needs; act as the initial liaison between clients and Housing Markets and Indicators researchers and analysts.
- Disseminating economic and housing market data to analysts and/or researchers in a concise, user-friendly format to support report production, analysis activities. Providing a range of administrative and procurement support such as supporting contract management and contract procurement activities with third party data providers and contractors.
- Contributing to establishment of documentation related to data governance
- Supporting the processing of data by running established programs and processes
What We Are Looking For
- Commitment to CMHC values
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience; a combination of education and related experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of market research concepts, information storage and data retrieval processes
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple, concurrent projects and work activities, with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, including project management and the ability to prioritize and complete numerous simultaneous and recurring work projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate messages that have the desired effect.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in the use of web browsers and search engines and office productivity software packages (MS Office suite). Knowledge of and skills using data management and statistical software (such as SAS and EViews). Experience using data visualization, data governance, management, analytics and data mining tools such as Power BI, Collibra, R, Python, Cloudera considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated client service skills; the ability to understand and meet client needs and resolve issues reliably and efficiently.
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on October 8, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities