Senior and Junior Graphic Designers
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your graphic design expertise and your relationship building skills to this position in the Creative Services team.
As a Graphic Designer at CMHC you will convert complex ideas into innovative, expressive and on-brand visual designs for digital and print. You have an in-depth knowledge of design and industry best practices and want to push the limits with each piece you deliver.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a brand new team at CMHC, a full-service in house creative studio providing design, brand and marketing solutions to a multifaceted organization that wants to propel its brand reputation and enhance its visual storytelling.
- Reporting to the Manager, Creative Services, you will help to define design scope and direction of projects based on client needs, business priorities, audiences and chosen platforms.
- Create dynamic visuals for multiple, simultaneous projects varying from infographics, charts, graphs, reports, templates, presentations, advertising, social media, etc.
- Define and implement graphic requirements that fit business and corporate objectives.
- Communicate the Corporation's brand and communications priorities through graphic design.
- Post-secondary education in interactive media design, graphic design, illustration of any other relevant field with a combination of work experience.
- Professional experience (freelance or otherwise) - including a recent portfolio of work - in digital and print design. A minimum of five (5) years of work experience for the Senior Graphic Design and a minimum of three (3) years of work experience for the Junior Graphic Design.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite of tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience promoting brand awareness/brand management.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels/platforms and trends.
- Knowledge of online/digital animation and motion graphics techniques.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design for mobile and tablet.
- Project management skills and experience, including the ability to balance changing priorities and conflicting deadlines.
You're the kind of person who:
- Has a passion for storytelling through design, especially digital design
- Takes pride in creating killer designs that wow clients
- Loves working as a team
- Has a strong commitment to quality and innovation
- Commits to demonstrating CMHC values in everything you do
- Commits to Official Languages (required for Bilingual positions)
What you get out of it:
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 27, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to write, read, understand and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.