Senior Analyst Client Relations
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your relationship building skills and your mortgage securitization expertise to this Senior Analyst, Client Relations position in the downtown Toronto financial district.
Internal growth and operational needs have created a permanent full-time opening in the Capital Markets sector. As a member of the Securitization Operations team, you will effectively manage operational relationships with clients/participants in CMHC's National Housing Act Mortgage-Backed Securities (NHA MBS) Program and the Canada Mortgage Bonds (CMB) Program in order to support the achievement of business objectives. Reporting to the Director of Securitization Operations, you will provide guidance to help clients/participants comply with policies and requirements, assess and follow-up on various clients issues and give insights into clients'/participants' activities and issues.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships with clients/participants and relevant industry associations, and supporting business relationships at senior levels.
- Managing the application process for new program participants, including reviewing applications and ensuring they are complete, liaising with colleagues for financial/credit and legal reviews, making recommendations for approval, and communicating with applicants throughout the process and managing expectations.
- Identifying instances of apparent non-compliance or default under the securitization programs' policies and requirements, investigating as appropriate, tracking and resolving issues or recommending corrective measures to management.
- Gathering, synthesizing and analyzing information from various sources to form a complete client/participant profile.
- Providing advice and information on CMHC's securitization programs and policies to clients/participants at all corporate levels and to the general public.
- Working closely with colleagues across organizational units to ensure efficient communications with clients/participants in regard to all aspects of their participation in the NHA MBS and CMB Programs.
- Providing input and recommendations for program changes and improvements based on client needs, concerns and suggestions.
- Developing and implementing a client relations outreach plan, resolving outstanding issues, and opportunities to provide training and increase the visibility of CMHC's securitization programs.
- Supporting the management of Securitization Operations and providing input to objectives, priorities, performance metrics, budgets, and other matters.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field with a minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience,
- including experience in client relations in the capital markets or a financial environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience of CMHC's securitization guarantee programs (the NHA MBS and CMB Programs), and related policies.
- Demonstrated experience with Mortgage Backed Securities and Asset Backed Securities.
- Broad knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate, and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience and skills of client relations management practices.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with various computer applications and softwares (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to communicate with persuasion and motivation to influence people in a range of capacities.
- Strong ability in building effective business and client relationships.
- Highly developed organizational skills including the ability to track and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Completion of a Canadian Securities Course.
- Professional designation or license related to mortgage lending (e.g. a CFA or FRM).
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Maximizing Quality/ Open-Mindedness/Listening/ Organizational Know-how and Awareness/ Relationship Building
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT (Eastern Standard Time) on May 1, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.