Senior Analyst, Statistics
Job Requisition ID: 1282
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver.
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $62482 to $ 78102
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communication skills and statistical knowledge to this position in located across Canada- Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the HMI Socio-Economic Analysis team, where you will be responsible for planning, conducting and/or managing specific data development, data analysis and research aimed at better understanding and monitoring housing issues in Canada, and for consulting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to promote the exchange of information.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing expertise in the planning of custom housing-related data development, verification, and analysis for specific research initiatives.
- Conducting statistical research related to housing information including developing project objectives and determining expertise and resources required to deliver the final product.
- Identifying issues and priorities related to data development and statistical research on housing related topics as appropriate.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams and managing the progress of projects and ensuring resources are being used effectively.
- Consulting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to identify information needs and to exchange information.
- Presenting research results at workshops, meetings and conferences.
- Supporting and developing background documents, briefing material, correspondence, and memoranda for management and the Minister.
- Collaborates and provides expertise on housing analytics, research, knowledge transfer and evidence-based policy
What We Are Looking For
- University level education, preferably in business, economics, mathematics or statistics with a minimum three (3) years of experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Strong statistical modelling and research skills
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Excel and SAS, including programming. Experience in Stata and SQL an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and survey methods.
- Highly developed communications (oral/written) and relationship management skills.
- Planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently on processes and product improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Functional Competencies: Thinking Analytically, Communicating Effectively, Applying Business Acumen, Forward Thinking
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 17, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities