Senior Analyst, Risk
Job Requisition ID: 3089
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): multiple locations
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $62482 to $ 78102
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
This permanent position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Insurance Oversight and Analytics team, where you will contribute to model research, development, analytics and reporting.. Contribute to risk identification, assessment, measurement and makes recommendations to management on actions to mitigate risks, ensure compliance and make risk-related improvements. Provides advice on the application of standards, regulations and policies. Responds to client and stakeholder inquiries.
How You Will Be Contributing
Analysis and Reporting
- Participate in model research, development and analytics for mortgage loan insurance risks.
- Participating in planning, conducting and reporting on risk assessments, quality assurance, compliance, and oversight
- Monitoring and review key processes, practices and procedures, and ensure activities are in accordance with standards, regulations, guidelines and/or other requirements.
- Collecting information, undertake analysis and identify risks and making recommendations and/or prepare action plans to manage risks.
- Contributing to / preparing risk reports for management on summary findings and recommendations.
- Supporting senior colleagues in the collection, analyzing and synthesizing of information from diverse sources and the communication of results.
Guidance and Advice
- Provide advice to internal and/or external clients regarding analytics and modelling insurance risks
- Providing advice to internal and/or external clients and stakeholders regarding risk matters, including the application of standards, regulations and/or policies, as well as remediation to address risk and control issues.
- Ensuring effective relationships with internal and/or external clients and stakeholders.
- Responding to internal and/or external client and stakeholder inquiries.
Risk Management and Oversight Governance
- Researching leading industry best practices, and keep abreast of model leading practices, regulations and internal and external changes impacting the business environment.
- Examining internal processes and client environments to identify opportunities for improved risk management and making recommendations for risk-related improvements.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance practices.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related program with a minimum of three (3) years' work experience in related area OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management, and oversight.
- Sound judgment and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism and political sensitivity).
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 2, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities