Senior Analyst, Library Services
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical and communication skills to this position in Ottawa, Ontario.
This temporary (4-month) full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Housing Knowledge Centre team, which provides library Services to CMHC, where you will be responsible for providing reference, research and environmental scans (Alerts) to meet employee business needs; supporting information resource staff in responding to internal and external enquiries and providing required training and information sessions to Information Centre employees. You will participate in validating, selecting and sourcing housing information from various resources including, but not limited to: academic databases and journals, industry publications, historical material, books/reports, and industry professionals. You will assist with the cataloguing and management of the digital collection. You will also manage copyright and compliance and licensing.
How You Will Be Contributing
Research and Consultation
- Providing reference, research and environmental scans (Alerts) to meet employee business needs.
- Supporting information resource staff in responding to internal and external enquiries, including ILL
- Providing required training and information sessions to Information Centre employees.
- Providing required coaching and information sessions to CMHC internal clients on tools and services offered through the Information Centre.
Housing Knowledge Centre Management
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the modernization plan of the CMHC Housing Knowledge Centre including the digitization of CMHC information resources.
- Managing copyright issues pertaining to the use of CMHC publications by third parties.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Information Centre's online library reference systems and technologies.
- Assist with the cataloguing and classification of the Information Centre's information resources.
- Assist in evaluating and selecting the information resources to be purchased or licensed by the Information Centre, with an emphasis on electronic resources.
- Developing and updating or recommending changes to operational policies of the Information Centre.
- Providing advice and consulting services to Information Centre staff and management on various aspects of information resources including the selection, digital storage and dissemination of information.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Masters degree in Library and Information Sciences , with a minimum of 1 year's work experience
- Information management administrator certification or diploma and/or course work in information management would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional researching skills.
- Demonstrated experience in validating, selecting and sourcing housing information from various resources.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and tactfully, at times under pressure, to problems of a sensitive or complex nature in relation to the operation of the group/division and the performance of the service provider(s).
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, flexibility).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and take decisive action.
- Well-developed planning and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on September 14, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities