Senior Analyst, IT Business Services
Sector: Information Technology
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will identify and oversee the execution of system enhancements to meet targeted business needs. You will gather, validate and/or author business requirements, conduct and/or support fit-gap assessments, coordinate the resolution of demand fulfillment issues, prepare and submit data for reporting purposes, contribute to and support the development of IT Business Analysis (BA) processes and artifacts, and coordinate and/or assist user testing and the implementation of remedial actions with our IT partner. You will also contribute to the development and analysis of existing processes for continuous improvement purposes that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as computer science, business administration or commerce with a concentration in IT and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation.
• Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
• Good oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
• Some experience using project management skills acquired through the management of small- to medium-sized projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal capabilities with demonstrated ability to interface and work with colleagues showing tact and diplomacy at all times.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to reason logically and recognize assumptions.
What you will be doing
• Work in collaboration with IT and Business groups to provide Business Analysis services, including coordinating working sessions to define and document business requirements.
• Conduct front-end analysis to help define and confirm business needs and scope of work.
• Works with our IT partner to develop requirements traceability matrices and define critical success factors and assessment criteria.
• Develop test cases/plans, coordinates user acceptance testing (UAT) and documents test results.
• Develop corrective action plans to address remedial work (solution gaps/deficiencies, bugs, fixes); works in collaboration with our IT partner to schedule and ensure the timely implementation of corrective action measures.
• Support project delivery, including assessing the achievement of targeted outcomes.
• Provide Business Analysis services to support the execution of larger-scale IT projects, including working with the Portfolio Manager to define and coordinate the execution of project activities (such as requirements definition and UAT).
• Support the demand intake process, including requirements gathering. Works with functional SMEs to understand business requirements and drivers, supports the prioritization of work with the IT partner and business relationship managers, correlates the scope of the proposed changes to be delivered by our IT partner to requirements (requirements traceability).
• Contribute to the implementation of the demand fulfillment process, including coordinating and tracking the execution of demands with our IT partner, validating IT partner status reports, tracking progress and supporting the resolution of issues.
• Support the development and implementation of processes and templates that align with industry best practices and IT requirements to process demands in a timely manner, including working with the IT partner to define and assess the achievement of targeted outcomes and developing a corrective action plan to address remedial work (bugs/fixes).
• Ensure requirements identified will meet business needs and that prerequisites are met before the execution of work.
• Coordinate and supports user acceptance testing (UAT) and, as required, plans and executes UAT.
• Provide input into demand management reports and analyses, including trend analysis.
People Leadership (human relations skills)
• Important - Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
• Maintain good working relationships with stakeholder groups including business units, internal and external IT groups.
• Promote and influences the use of IT business analysis and demand management processes with client organization / stakeholders.
• Establish a work environment that promotes integration and continuous and effective interactions with all stakeholder groups, including immediate reports and management.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: September 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EDT (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3921
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Position can be located anywhere in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.