Senior Analyst, Internal Control - Risk (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will plan, conduct and report on risk and control assessments, quality assurance, compliance, oversight and/or audit assignments within established time frames. You will communicate findings and make recommendations to management on actions to mitigate risks, ensure compliance and make risk and control-related improvements. You will provide advice on the application of standards, regulations, policies and respond to client and stakeholder inquiries that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance or economics.
- Minimum of three years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management, quality assurance and oversight, particularly Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
- Sound judgment and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism and political sensitivity).
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What you will be doing
- Analysis and Reporting
- Participate in planning, conducting and reporting on risk and control assessments, quality assurance, compliance, oversight and/or audit assignments.
- Monitor and review key processes, practices and procedures, and ensure activities are in accordance with standards, regulations, guidelines and/or other requirements.
- Collect information, undertake analysis and identify risks and controls and/or non-compliance. Make recommendations and/or prepare action plans to manage risks and ensure compliance.
- Contribute to / prepare reports for management on summary findings and recommendations.
- Support senior colleagues in the collection, analysis and synthesis of information from diverse sources and the communication of results.
Guidance and Advice
- Provide advice to internal and/or external clients and stakeholders regarding risk and control matters, including the application of standards, regulations and/or policies, as well as remediation to address risk and control issues.
- Ensure effective relationships with internal and/or external clients and stakeholders.
- Respond to internal and/or external client and stakeholder inquiries.
- Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
Risk Management and Oversight Governance
- Research leading industry best practices, and keep abreast of regulations and internal and external changes impacting the business environment.
- Examine internal processes and client environments to identify opportunities for improved risk management. Make recommendations for risk-related improvements.
- Identify opportunities to enhance practices.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
Job Requisition ID: 3768
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Position can be located anywhere in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.