Senior Analyst, Innovation (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Sector: Policy and Innovation
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Innovation team in our Office of the SVP, Policy and Innovation sector. This sector accelerates housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation.
We are looking to expand our team and have one (1) bilingual Senior Analyst position reporting to the Innovation team in the Policy and Innovation sector.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a member of the Innovation team, you will work in agile ways with others to understand the housing ecosystem and be part of multi-disciplinary design teams in solving complex housing problems. Specifically, in this role, you will help to identify, analyse, frame and prioritize complex housing problems to then explore ways to test, accelerate and scale solutions that solve them. You will support the development and maintenance of the innovation portfolio, aligned with CMHC’s innovation ambition. You will contribute to building CMHC’s innovation capabilities in the areas of prototyping, idea incubation, behavioural science and measurement; help shape CMHC’s innovation governance, and deliver on many new and exciting opportunities and activities.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in business, organizational behavior, human resources, psychology or other relevant fields and a minimum of 3 years of experience. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of and relevant experience in innovation (e.g. design (human-centered, service, behavioural, product, policy, etc.), user experience, problem analysis and framing, researching, analysing, crafting insights, ideating, prototyping, accelerating, scaling, measuring etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience developing and delivering presentations and/or facilitating/training for various audiences.
• Experience in the development of communications products.
• Experience in desk side research and ability to synthesise findings.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills.
• Formal training/certification in design thinking, behavioural insights, strategic foresight or related field would considered an asset.
• Direct housing sector experience and understanding of housing industry key players and delivery.
What you will be doing
• Participating in multi-disciplinary design teams in solving complex housing problems.
• Contributing to growing CMHC’s innovation capabilities in the areas of prototyping, idea incubation, behavioural science and measurement. Contributing to defining CMHC’s innovation governance, and deliver on opportunities and activities in the disruptive innovation space.
More specifically, you will:
o Explore, research and learn (through and with others) the problems affecting housing affordability and meeting the needs of people in Canada
o Participate in design sprints and workshops across the design process
o Develop iteratively, materials and artefacts that make problems statements and ideas tangible.
o Conduct continuous testing and market research activities
o Collect on-going feedback, synthesize data collected and construct actionable insights that will drive iterative design decisions
o Support the sharing of design solutions to key stakeholders or other business functions through renderings, models, low and high-fidelity prototypes, presentations, reports, etc.
o Collaborate with peers, clients and partners to build, and maintain relationships
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4541
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Toronto, Montréal, Québec, Halifax, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.