Senior Analyst, Information Business Systems
Job Requisition ID: 3206
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $62482 to $ 78102
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
This 8 month full-time temporary positions are an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Housing Markets and Indicators (HMI) data team, where you will be providing the delivery of services and products to corporate clients, through effective systems analysis and design, modeling, programming and data manipulation.
Bring your analytical skills and your project management expertise to this position which can be located in Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Managing and completing multiple simultaneous data-related projects by recommending work schedules and delivering products as requested.
- Identifying where automation could create more efficient data related processes and implementing those efficiencies in end-user systems.
- Performing programming and quantitative analysis services on research or policy issues by accessing internal and external data sources, integrating and reconciling data from alternate sources, analyzing and disseminating results in order to respond to data requests.
- Maintaining definitions and descriptions of data produced, stored and used by HMI
- Introducing and following existing quality assurance processes to ensure that all disseminated products contain accurate data and are of high quality.
What We Are Looking For
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of structured analysis, design and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated experience of Information Systems techniques, practices and software is essential, in particular using the most recent SAS products.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment and diplomacy).
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks.
- Attention to detail to deliver high quality products
- Ability to communicate with various team members.
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 4th, 2019 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities