Senior Analyst, Indigenous Housing
Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Client Relationships and Operations team in our Indigenous Housing - East, Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will establish and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients while identifying opportunities for stronger partnerships with CMHC. Working with clients to address risk management, compliance matters and making recommendations on how to improve processes will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
Be part of CMHC’s ambitious aspiration – By 2030 everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs.
This position can be located in the Province of Québec or the National Capital (Ottawa area). Please note that this is a temporary position until March 31, 2022.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Commerce, Business Administration or in a related field and at least three (3) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with Indigenous Government and Indigenous organizations (on or off reserve).
• Comprehensive understanding of Indigenous housing and awareness of social, economic and political trends affecting the provision of housing.
• Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possess a solid knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions.
• Knowledge of housing finance, planning, delivery, administration, portfolio management and ability to analyze, reason and work within complex frameworks.
• Knowledge of CMHC housing programs and services available to develop affordable housing for Indigenous Canadians.
• Demonstrated relationship management abilities, oral and written skills and negotiation skills, including persuasive discussions and presentations to small and large groups.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and foster key partnership relations that will facilitate the achievement of improvement objectives.
• A valid driver’s license, as this position requires some travel, including site visits.
• Travel is required throughout assigned region by road and plane
What you will be doing
• Leads the effective resolution of a wide range of client issues by ensuring follow through and providing a prompt response to client concerns.
• Work with CMHC Indigenous Housing Specialists, other internal CMHC Teams and Indigenous Government or organizations to track progress, to help resolve problems and to accelerate the delivery of housing projects.
• Works with clients to address risk management and compliance matters.
• Provides advice and guidance on potential solutions using CMHC's products and services.
• Guides new and/or existing clients and participants through CMHC's policies and program requirements.
• Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external clients.
• Uses knowledge of clients' needs, concerns and suggestions in order to ease the implementation of program, policy and/or product changes and improvements in an effective manner.
• Communicates proactively with clients and participants throughout the process, managing their expectations as well as obtaining information and providing feedback.
• Acts as a liaison between various internal sectors and external stakeholders in implementing initiatives and sharing valuable client and industry information and intelligence to support the relationship between CMHC and key stakeholders.
• Acts as a leader and partner with internal departments to further increase collaboration by fostering a team approach and working on joint projects and sharing best practices.
• Gathers intelligence to contribute to client service improvement activities.
• Ensures client files and records are complete and stored in accordance with corporate policies.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5061
Office Location: Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC)
Other Location(s): Province of Québec or the National Capital (Ottawa area)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.