Senior Analyst, Financial Solutions (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Financial Solutions team, where you will be responsible for performing the review, prioritization and approval of subsidy, contributions and loans applications under the National Housing Strategy (NHS) and existing Affordable Housing programs. You will also be responsible for the risk recommendations and decisions relevant to reviewing applications, financial assessments, mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving government program objectives that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Bachelor's Degree such as Business, Finance, or Commerce with a minimum two (2) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Demonstrated experience working with financial viability assessments and loan approvals
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, evaluating and prioritizing loans, subsidies and/or contribution applications
- Knowledge of construction financing, real estate, financial markets and credit risk analysis
- Knowledge of Assisted Housing programs, CMHC Multi-Unit Programs, and Commercial Residential Financing
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Bilingualism French and English will be considered a strong asset
What you will be doing
- Providing effective and efficient delivery of NHS and existing Affordable Housing programs in contribution to service standards.
- Reviewing, prioritizing, assessing financial viability, approving loan subsidy and contribution applications, and leveraging the various programs offered by Assisted Housing to find the most suitable solution for the proponents to achieve the expected results of the programs.
- Reviewing, prioritizing, assessing financial viability and approving affordable housing loan, subsidy and contribution applications within the associated policy framework and delegated financial authorities.
- Applying sound judgement and decision-making practices that are factual and based on well-reasoned financial analysis to derive recommendations and solutions in line with the expected results of the programs and within CMHC's risk appetite and government expectations.
- Working in partnership with clients, stakeholders, and various levels of government by offering advice, support and alternative solutions and communicating key decisions, interpreting policies and responding to inquiries related to NHS programs
- Serving as peer reviewer and approver on real estate investment and risk recommendation decisions within the financial authority limits.
- Providing input to shape functional policies, products, and processes.
- Supporting the preparation of briefing notes, submissions, issue papers, dockets, and responses to Ministerial and presidential correspondence related to the delivery of NHS and existing Affordable Housing programs.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: September 23, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3958
Primary Location: [Quebec
Other Location(s): Multiple locations in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.