Senior Analyst, Data Analysis
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will monitor, report, analyze and/or research data and performance by providing the best practices. You will recommend operational policy, program options and liaise with business stakeholders and you will conduct and prepare standardized reports, presentation and briefing materials. Your support and expertise will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in Social Science or Business Administration or in a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
- Knowledge of database and analytical tools, including an understanding of Microsoft Suite products.
- Understanding of a range of work procedures and their impact on internal and external work areas for Business Continuity.
- Ability to write and/or edit documents to convey information that is subject to interpretation and requires reasoning and analysis before it can be composed or edited.
- Sound analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop recommendations and provide advice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing notes.
What you will be doing
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining sound processes including the development of reliable information management systems, security provisions and efficient business resumption plans.
- Providing oversight to ensure processes are properly administered, documented, approved and accounted for in the financial system.
- Contributing to the design and integration of administrative process enhancements.
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal/external stakeholders seeking guidance, information sharing and interpretation.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement by examining markets, programs, processes and policies.
- Monitoring and reporting on the external operating environment with respect to guidelines, policies and practices, which have an impact on the internal standards and practices.
- Managing files and issuing of a politically sensitive nature using critical thinking, judgment and experience to find a solution.
- Developing reports for the internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Supporting the development of briefing notes, submissions, issue papers, dockets and responses to correspondence.
- Using appropriate procedures, including technology tools, to perform data monitoring and various analytical and/or reporting requirements to support various auditing requirements.
- Analyzing options to enhance and automate administrative practices.
- Undertaking effective research and environmental scanning in support of various projects and initiatives.
- Ensuring compliance with program criteria and reporting and/or operational guidelines.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: September 20, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4027
Primary Location: [[filter5]], Ontario
Other Location(s): Multiple locations in Canada,
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Limited
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.