Senior Administrator, Operational Policies and Programs
Job Requisition ID: 3090
Primary Location: Ottawa , Ontario
Other Location(s): multiple locations
Sector: Policy and Research
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $46436 to $ 58045
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your writing and analytical skills to this Senior Administrator, Operational Policy & Programs position. In this exciting 12-month contract opportunity within the Business Planning and Reporting division of the Policy & Research Sector you will gather, analyze and provide input into business function reporting and activities for the purpose of monitoring against forecast, providing insight to business activities, identifying critical areas requiring management intervention and supporting operational policy development and program options. You will prepare reports, presentation decks and other briefing material to assist in the implementation of the business strategy, policy or program.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Responding to ad hoc information requests necessary to address internal management needs or in support of CMHC's business activities.
- Assisting in the development and testing of new applications, modules, screens and data elements as required.
- Assisting in ensuring the accuracy of reports.
- Assisting in the development of recommendations for action that best serve the overall objectives of CMHC and its clients.
- Applying basic problem-solving techniques (such as gathering, organizing and evaluating information and balancing pros and cons according to desired outcomes) as well as quantitative/qualitative analysis methods under supervision.
- Ensuring systems-related measurements are in place via pulling reports and monitoring system.
- Ensuring the proper maintenance and updates of the systems table architecture are performed according to the defined maintenance schedule.
Analysis and Liaison
- Liaising with internal clients and other business lines to clarify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyzing and verifying all imported data and information necessary for monitoring and reporting against defined metrics and desired outcomes.
- Measuring the quality of the results of new or modified processes against desired business outcomes.
- Participating in small teams to accomplish a particular mandate resulting from the identification of a problem requiring the analysis of various cross-functional parties.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Post-secondary education in a related field with a minimum of one (1) year of experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- The position is English Essential, but French proficiency will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience writing and/or editing documents to convey information that is subject to interpretation and requires reasoning and analysis before it can be composed or edited.
- General knowledge and understanding of housing programs, policies and issues.
- Sounds analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
APPLY today This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on November 14, 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities