Senior Administrative Assistant | Adjoint administratif principal
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong interpersonal and time management skills as well as your administrative expertise to this Senior Administrative Assistant position in Ottawa.
This permanent, full-time position is an exceptional opportunity for an independent, resourceful and efficient team player to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Coordinating and providing general administrative services including but not limited to: maintaining the meeting calendar; adjusting the schedule to accommodate shifting priorities; monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing correspondence, booking meeting rooms; maintaining all file management; ordering office supplies; and coordinating IT and translation requests, etc.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Arranging training and travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Organizing meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Tracking progress on Team's work-plans and activities.
- Preparing and updating reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record for the group's operating budget and expenditures.
What we are looking for
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Post-secondary education/certificate in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience in providing administrative and/or secretarial support to senior management OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experienc
- Experience in the public service would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in managing calendars.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating travel arrangements for senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience in processing invoices and travel claims.
- Proven experience in budget planning and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- Knowledge of efficient executive office operating procedures and practices.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to handle time sensitive requests and politically sensitive information.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Building Collaborative Relationships/ Thinking Analytically/ Meeting Client /Stakeholder Needs
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on October 15, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities