Securitization Administrator Pool
In anticipation of future opportunities at CMHC, we are currently accepting applications for temporary and/or permanent full-time Securitization Administrator positions. We are looking for both English and Bilingual candidates with a background in customer service.
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your customer service and organizational skills as well as your mortgage industry experience to this Securitization Administrator position located in financial district of downtown Toronto.
As a member of the Securitization Operations team, you will be responsible for processing applications for timely payment guarantees on National Housing Act Mortgage-Backed Securities (NHA MBS) pools comprised of homeowner, multiple-family and social housing loans. You will be also responsible for ensuring that NHA MBS are created in compliance with Program requirements.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Reviewing MBS guarantee applications under both the NHA Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) and Canada Mortgage Bonds (CMB) Programs for completeness and accuracy according to program requirements.
- Contacting Issuers for missing documentation and/or clarification related to mortgage eligibility under the Programs, CMHC`s policies, procedures and mortgage pooling process.
- Entering MBS data into CMHC's securitization system.
- Processing payment of application and guarantee fees often in excess of $1 million as well as reconciling fees with CMHC Finance.
- Exercising override authority, within specific delegated parameters, to qualify loans for inclusion in pools under the MBS Program which were initially deemed ineligible.
- Verifying MBS data integrity for each CMB issuance, records CMB guarantee fees and coordinates final pool documentation from Sellers.
- Verifying documentation for approval and qualifies MBS pools for settlement.
- Documenting MBS pool package for filing, ensuring completeness and accessibility, coordinating storage on or off-site.
- Making recommendations to Issuers on the substitution or liquidation of appropriate mortgages under MBS Program.
- Providing policy and procedural guidance and clarification to Approved Issuers, Approved Lenders and Service Providers.
- Monitoring Issuer pooling behaviour, escalating irregularities when necessary.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field with a minimum of three (3) years
- of relevant business work experience and increasing responsibilities
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated recent experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated experience within the mortgage industry.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending practices.
- Knowledge of secondary mortgage market products or securitization.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to exceed the results or standards expected by others and monitoring own performance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several on-going and competing demands with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in the NHA-MBS.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course.
- Demonstrated work experience with securitization policies, guidelines, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated work experience with mortgage insurance programs, policies and processes.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 13, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- As part of our commitment to create an inclusive workforce which reflects our society, we are recruiting people from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.
- Some of our positions may be designated bilingual and will require bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand, speak and write in your second official language at an advanced or intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC may be requested to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.