Granville Island is administered by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) on behalf of the Federal Government. The mission of CMHC, with respect to Granville Island, is "To steward this public land for meaningful urban and social experimentation among diverse, creative, cultural, and business models, engaging local First Nations and communities, and welcoming the world", and the vision is to be "The most inspiring public place in the world." CMHC maintains and fosters Granville Island as a unique urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver, a place where visitors of all ages and income can meet, browse, explore and experience a variety of cultural, recreational, educational, commercial retail, arts and industrial activities on a year round basis. Improving accessibility, creating a market district, developing a more vibrant arts & innovation sector, and enhancing the public realm are the key recommended strategies of Granville Island 2040: Bridging Past & Future, released by CMHC-Granville Island in 2017. The report builds on the success of the past, while offering bold new recommendations that anticipate how Granville Island can remain a dynamic destination for future generations to visit and enjoy. For more information, and to read the full report, go to granvilleisland2040.ca
Bring your negotiation skills and your coordination expertise to this position at Granville Island located in Vancouver, BC.
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Granville Island team, where you will coordinate the planning and execution of strategic sourcing and content administration related to all sourcing activities on Granville Island. You will also provide support services for contract administration, budget monitoring, and supplier account reconciliation.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Provide industry-specific expertise on procurement and sourcing strategies to the business line.
- Collaborate with business line to proactively plan sourcing; including monitoring all Granville Island contract expiries to ensure essential service arrangements are in place.
- Coordinate the RFx process, and negotiate contracts with the objective of obtaining best value for CMHC.
- Manage procurement content and strategic supplier relationships, including collaboration opportunities, and resolve issues and disputes.
- Research industry standards and recommend improvements and changes to Statements of Work for all sourcing activities.
- Implement newly sourced contracts.
- Implement process to monitor contract performance, review reports and proactively address issues; mitigate risks.
- Monitor all purchasing activity on Granville Island and ensure all activities comply with procurement policy and procedures.
- Provide support to departments with respect to contract management and administration.
- Assist Granville Island finance team by providing reports on spending commitments for budget years.
- Compile and organize records for all sourcing and contracting activities on Granville Island according to records management policy and procedures.
- Provide support for the development, implementation and management of corporate contracting policies and procedures.
- Support operational departments to ensure they achieve their business objectives through effective use of procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Support Granville Island finance team by executing special research projects, resolving inquires related to supplier payments, and performing financial administration tasks.
What We Are Looking For
- Post-secondary education in business or degree in business administration, finance or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience would be considered.
- Supply Chain Management or Procurement Professional certification an asset
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Knowledge of supply and contract management techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Treasury Board policies and guidelines and the Financial Administrative Act an asset.
- Solid knowledge of corporate procurement policies and procedures, outsourcing practices, purchasing and contract law.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to present complex information to influence behaviour and policy direction and persuade others to take a course of action.
- Strong ability to conduct in-depth analysis of variable problems and use critical thinking and judgment to identify solutions that are often difficult to find.
- Strong relationship-building and client service skills.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to manage discussions at varying levels of difficulty with finesse. Ability to adjust communication styles and approaches as required by the task at hand and to fit the client's individual style or role.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on February 21, 2019 however; the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstr ate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities